Skip to main content

Forget the Rabbit


.






.Original illustration for 'The Tale of Peter Rabbit’, Beatrix Potter ...

"Just do what must be done. This may not be happiness, but it is greatness."George Bernard Shaw

It has been 3 years already, and I have left my writing.  Where was I? What wonderful and exciting thing did I do?  What happened?

Going on life like millions of others, I want to make a living, raise my children, help my husband, and pay my bills. I look back, and all I see is nothing? Running after the rabbit.

Then I look up, and 3 years have gone by...

I would love to say that I have been involved with some great causes, wrote my biography, took on ceramic, and am having my own shows... but no... nothing that grand.
I have been helping my daughter, who suffers from severe anxiety and compulsive disorder. Working 12 to 15 hours a day trying to compensate for the income my husband lost, like many others.
Caring for my mother-in-law, who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

So no, I did not create anything, write the next great novel or win anything... like the millions of us, I have with my family survived.  I say endure because I forgot to live...

I know you will understand and forgive me for my long absence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Martin Luther King and equal rights, what have we done since?

Would you have the courage to enter a segregated dinner, sit at the counter, and order? Would you volunteer to be a freedom rider and travel to the South to test the new laws and face angry mobs? Would you march and be ready to die facing an open bigot City Hall and police department? What have we done with the rights handed to us? Would you die for your beliefs like 37 -years-old NAACP field secretary Medgar Evers , murdered outside his Mississippi home, or like the 3 young students ( James E. Chaney, 21; Andrew Goodman, 21; and Michael Schwerner , 24 ) who had been working to register black voters in Mississippi . We are under the impression that slavery and segregation have been abolished.  Is it? Today's Urban Cities are the new social and economic face of segregation. It is another way to separate those who have from those who have not. The new slavery is the hopelessness of the urban youth, the separation between poor urban public education and everywhere else.  What woul

Desert Flower; FGM-Female Genital Mutilation, Unite for Children

Love hurt three times. Once when you are cut. Once when you marry.  Once when you give birth African Proverb. "Desert Flower"  Below is an eyewitness account of what is done to all Somali girls because men still refuse marriage with an uninfibulated , or " open ," bride. And without marriage, there is no future for a girl:            Instruments used for the FMG "With the Somalis, the circumcision of girls occurs in the home among women's relatives and neighbors. The grandmother or an older woman officiates. On each occasion, usually, only one little girl or, at times, two sisters are infibulated, but all girls, without exception, must undergo this mutilation as it is required for marriage. The operation itself is not accompanied by any ceremony or ritual. The child, completely naked, is made to sit on a low stool. Several women take hold of her and open her legs wide.    After separa

Maya's. Nostradamus, Casey's.

Prophets or loonies... Recently I came across a deranged preacher on TV who warned us that we have just a couple of days left to repent before the end of the world. The exact date of our doom is Mai 21, 2012. Besides the fact that he looks like the evil man from Poltergeist. I cannot understand how so many believe in his predictions. Humanity must feel very guilty to believe that God has such a punishment in store that good and evil, young and old, will die under his wrath.